Wednesday, April 4, 2007

February 06: Bread Loafers

KneadDebra & Margaret,

Thank you for such a wonderful time. Ruth and I expected to learn how to make bread from scratch. We certainly did learn that, but we came away with so much more. I don't ever remember being with a nicer and friendlier group of people.What fun. Thanks for the pictures. I will send you that recipe for French bread as soon as I can, but today I have to dig out. It looks to be about two feet of snow. Thank You, Bruce & Ruth Bertram

ListeningHi Debra!
Three cups of wheat berries are a perfect amount. Thank you so much! Brian and I are very much enjoying our loaf! It is perfectly baked even in the middle. I plan to bake two loaves on Tues. and pass one on to our son when we visit. My ingredients won't be an exact duplicate of yours, but I'll follow the recipe and hope for the best. It was great fun to be a part of your breadbaking workshop. I learned a lot and met some new friends, as well. Please thank Margaret for the photos. Regards and stay warm! Janet


LoavesHi Debra.
Thanks to you and Margaret for a great day on Saturday.
The bread is sooo good. Had to freeze the rest of the loaf that I brought home or else I'd eat the whole thing in one sitting! All the best, Peggy

No comments: